Houllier happy with life at Villa

Houllier has had to cope with problems on and off the pitch since becoming successor to Martin O'Neill who quit five days before the start of the new campaign. Villa have dropped into the bottom half of the Barclays Premier League as a lengthy injury list has taken its toll.

The Frenchman said: "It is the love of the game. I am 63 and I'm here. It must be because I like the club, I like the project of the club, I like the players."

Houllier has also had to deal with regarding alleged unrest amongst certain players including Stephen Ireland and Richard Dunne.

Dunne was the subject of a report regarding a training ground bust-up involving Houllier and his number two Gary McAllister.

In addition fans were upset with Houllier's behaviour on his return to his former club Liverpool last week when Villa were beaten 3-0.

But Houllier is adamant his enthusiasm and hunger to succeed in his first Premier League role for six years is undiminished.

He said: "This job (football management) is 80% aggravation, difficulty, problems, every day, every minute. The other 20% is great, with all the emotions, but a different world. That is why we do this job.

"When I won't be able to do it, I'll let you know! What is easy in life? Perhaps I was born for that (challenge). I am getting a bit older, so I don't get fired up as much as before.

"But I am still keen to keep on going and to do well. There are no thoughts of me making a mistake returning to Premier League management. No, no, no."

Source: PA

Source: PA